Breastfeeding gives your baby the best nutrition you can have. It is undoubtedly a great advantage for him. But ... and for the mother? Are there any advantages for the mother in opting for breastfeeding? The answer is clear and forceful: Yes.
Breastfeeding offers physical and emotional benefits for both the baby and the mother. We explain you cwhat are the main physical benefits for the nursing mother.
Breastfeeding offers many physical benefits for the nursing mother. Advantages not only in the short term, but also in the medium and long term. Here are some:
1. Short-term benefits:
- Breastfeeding makes uterine involution faster (the uterus has to return to its pre-pregnancy size. This is done through spasms or contractions that we know as 'mishaps').
- It causes bleeding to decrease, thereby preventing possible anemia after delivery.
2. Medium-term benefits:
- Postpartum recovery is faster.
- The woman regains her pre-pregnancy weight more easily, since with breastfeeding the mother's caloric expenditure increases.
3. Long-term benefits:
- Protection against the risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
- Prevents the future appearance of osteoporosis in menopause, since breastfeeding provides a higher bone density to the mother.
You can read more articles similar to Physical benefits for the mother of breastfeeding her child, in the category of On-site breastfeeding.