We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In many countries, the star word at this time of year is start. Starting a new school year, practicing a sport, new books, school supplies, backpacks ...
The return to a routine also makes parents decide to ensure good health for their children so that start school no problems with sight, feeding, lice, back, asthma, etc.
Doctors as well as parents are the only ones who can ensure that the child returns to school healthy. What can they do?
- It would not hurt the child if his parents did a head examination to detect whether or not he has lice. Lice are parasites that are transmitted especially in school where children tend to hug each other, put their heads together while playing, etc. If they find lice or nits, parents should notify the school to avoid contagion to other children and then try to fight the lice in their child, as quickly as possible.
- The health of children's eyes is very important so that they can start the new year without vision problems. A problem such as myopia or astigmatism, without corrections, can affect children's school performance.
- Before your child begins to carry backpacks, it is necessary to bear in mind that what is recommended by experts in back issues is that the maximum weight of the backpack does not exceed 10 percent of the child's weight. It is also important to correct your posture when you are studying. Problems such as scoliosis and kyphosis (hump), are the ones that cause the most discomfort to children.
- Eating habits that support a good breakfast, a balanced lunch and dinner, and a healthy snack are important when it comes to avoiding problems such as obesity. That is why it is very important to consult your pediatrician what type of foods are the most recommended according to the age of the children.
- Chronic diseases such as diabetes, asthma, etc., also require continued observation and treatment. The child will have better academic development if his health is controlled.
Apart from all that, there are also children who need the attention of specialists such as the speech therapist for language problems, the dermatologist for skin problems, orthopedists, allergists, dentists, etc.
You can read more articles similar to Child's health check-ups at the beginning of the school year, in the category of Childhood Diseases on site.